Friday 13 September 2013

Update

These past few weeks have sped by with a flurry of activity; all connected with creativity of varying degrees.

Back in May I had been invited by the publishers of The Journal to join their editorial committee with a view to taking over my role fully in the Spring.  Shadowing the person whose role I would take on seemed like a good way to ease into the job, but then our chairwoman had other ideas! Suddenly I found myself editing report after report following the Summer School in Wales with a deadline breathing down my neck.  I was thrown in at the deep end and that pretty much took care of August!

In the middle of it all my hard drive failed and I had 10 days without computer! Slightly tricky situation all round!

Blogging flew out the window and then I was asked by my Guild committee to take up the job again I had resigned from in June.  Another deadline for publishing our little magazine, The Web!

The summer is always a busy time for our Guild and a number of us have spent time demonstrating our crafts to the public.  We also had to visit fibre events to stock up our stash - we don't want to run out of material!  More of that later....

Haven't a clue who these people are, but we all look the same coming away from these places!!
Creating has been going on throughout in the background which I will post about soon, but for now I just wanted to say I am still here and will return on a more regular basis again!

3 comments:

  1. Liebe Martina
    Schön von dir zu lesen (Goggle Übersetzung sei gedankt!). Du scheinst wirklich im Trubel zu sein und ich wünsche dir eine gute Zeit und freue mich auf die nächsten Zeilen von dir.

    Liebe Grüsse
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to read you're fine and I love you to return blogging on a more regular basis:)
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you back to blogging! Wow, have you been busy. It does sound like you were thrown in the deep end. I hope that all of your projects/writing, etc. were finished under the deadline. Are those bags of wool? Oh, how nice :-) One can always find room for another fleece. Or two....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...